One of the
lectures that stood out to me the most was the lecture about the dogs with no
vocal cords representing silence. The
Yellow wallpaper was the main topic of discussion and Brady used a great outside
reference, but it was definitely a little tough to handle mentally. I can still picture professor Brady’s face
when she was imitating the dogs barking and yelping with no noise coming
out. It truly gave me a better
understanding of what the “patient” felt like in The Yellow Wallpaper.
It may take a
while to be able to get into the deep thinking mindset because some of Brady’s
ideas and concepts are very advanced.
You need to reach a high level of scholarly thinking to be able to speak
up and participate in class. It’s not hard, and you were never wrong in
professor Brady’s class, but every class was a workout for the brain! One hour
and 15 minutes was never enough for Brady.
This lecture about The Yellow Wallpaper could’ve gone for 3-5
hours. It is not a joke when I say it is
a workout for the brain because each class was its own workout and in the end
it completely paid off because I feel so much more knowledgeable. It is unfortunate because I remember professor
Brady was upset that a majority of the class was absent and missing out on such
a good lecture that day, and now I understand because it was definitely
something to gain knowledge from.
No comments:
Post a Comment