Thursday, December 10, 2015

Looking Back at ENG 102


Going into the class of English 102 I wasn’t expecting anything out of the ordinary.    To Start off I thought professor Brady was out of her mind! However, in the back of my head I knew that this was very different and I liked it. .  I was just expecting another boring English class that I can half ass and just go through the motions.  Professor Brady does not allow that to happen.  As a student in Professor Brady’s class I notice that you cannot slack off at all.  When we get into our “fishbowls” it really engages every student and allows everyone to be involved, you cant hide!  You will actually feel extremely guilty if you don’t participate, or if she calls on you asking a question that you don’t know.
            It was a great experience of an English class and I’m surprised to say that I’ve learned many lessons in this class relating to real life situations.  My knowledge of writing a scholarly paper has advanced greatly.  I know how to structure properly, use grammar in the correct forms, and my vocabulary has expanded immensely.  I’ve gained a stronger general knowledge of life and English.  Something that professor Brady does that most professors at Farmingdale don’t do.  She makes sure everyone in the classroom is engaged.  She has techniques to make you do the work and stay on top of her class and she does it with extreme pride.  The class blog that we have is one of those techniques.  You have no choice but to step out of you comfort zone and express how you think.  In the end you've learned so many lessons from stepping out of your comfort zone and engaging yourself in class
            I like this class because my grades are based on my personal knowledge.  Each paper or pub that was written was based off of ideas that I had to create and put my brain to work for.  It wasn’t like you were given a test where you have the ability to cheat and easily just use your phone to get the answers.  You had to think!

No comments:

Post a Comment